Rapid Ring- cannot access live view on cellular network

I have a ring pro and use the ring app and Rapid ring. I can used the Ring app fine on WiFi and cellular network However I can only use rapid ring when using my home WiFi.

When I’m on cellular network I get the message - YOUR WIFI NETWORK MAYBE BLOCKING LIVE VIEW

I have reset my router, reset my mobile Network removed and reinstalled the app and reset all my devices but nothing works.

Can anyone help ?

Hi @Johnsond! It is odd to hear this happening, especially with the main Ring app working. Please ensure there is not a vpn enabled on your mobile device. If your Ring devices are working as intended in the main Ring app, this should also rule out any wifi network variables as this concern seems specific to the use of Rapid Ring. What mobile device type are you using?

I’ve been having this issue for a while - I also have Vonage phone extension app on my phone and that too has problems with the calls not getting through. I suddenly realised it worked at some places but not others.
It would appear that my phone providers network is not working as it should be in my home area.

If you are having this issue with live view on Rapid Ring app not connecting, I’d suggest trying another location and seeing if it connects then. My phone provider didn’t say, but I wondered if it was connected with the fact that children are now schooling from home, and phone providers are issuing free connections to the network.

Still getting this issue.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

I’ve uninstalled and re-installed the Ring and the Rapid Ring apps.
Theres video connection via the Ring app, but not via the Rapid Ring app.

Hi @AndycambsUK. This is definitely odd and should not be occurring. The steps that you’ve done are typically the steps that I would suggest in this situation. To best resolve this, I would recommend contacting our support team to see what the next best steps are.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.