Rapid Ring app question

Ok I did look around before posting this and only found one unanswered post about the same thing. Being that it was over 6 months old I didn’t want to bring it from the dead. And if I missed something else I apologize in advance.

Simple question. Is it possible to rearrange the order of the cameras to match the full Ring app?
Thanks in advance.

Hi there, @Arkar! While the Rapid Ring app does not have an option to reorganize your Ring devices, it does sort them in alphabetical order, and groups them by location. Changing the device name or first letter in the name, via your Ring device’s Device Settings > General Settings, can help you reorganize these. This would have to be done in the main Ring app, of course. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hello Marley. I’m just now getting back. And thanks for the response. I had actually stumbled on something similar thats been working for me.
I didn’t want to rename my cameras as my wife is using this too and is used to the names. But what I did is actually what you just said. Of course I accidentally discovered this by trial and error. Again exactly what you said in theory.
I numbered mine! Lol. For example since I didn’t want to change the names I used a number and a space and then the original name.

1 Basement Bay
2 Basement Side door
3 Porch
4 Garage
5 building
Etc etc etc

I had already moved the thumbnails to the order I want in the main Ring app. Just added the numbers in the other area with names alone and it rearranged itself there and in the Rapid Ring as well.
I got them lined up in RR like I wanted and the wife still has the names shes accustomed to.

It would have been quicker if I had seen this first. Lol.
I am not getting email notification for answered topics. Seems like I saw somewhere you did but I’m not getting them.
If I’m overlooking a setting or something I’d sure like to know!
Thanks!

1 Like

Solid find, @Arkar! This will be sure to help other neighbors with a similar question. Glad to see you found a solution that works for you.

In regards to Community related notifications, these can be found and altered in your profile preferences. To do this, simply click your profile avatar icon at the top right of the page, in the blue header area. This will drop down to some options where you will want to click the human silhouette icon in the submenu drop down. Next, choose ‘Preferences’ and then choose ‘Notifications’ from the side panel menu (left). :slight_smile:

Thanks again. I looked at the notification prefs but all seems ok.
I’m wondering if there’s an error I have in there.
Oh well. I’ll figure it out.

1 Like

Hey @Arkar! I wanted to return with some information on Community notifications. I see you mentioned “email notifications” specifically. At this time, we are unable to provide email notifications for our users in the Ring Community. As we are a public neighbor to neighbor forum and not a direct line to support, this added layer of security of not having your personal email connected directly to your Ring Community account but instead having to log in with your Ring credentials, to then authorize and gain access, thus being logged in and in the Community. Feel free to reference this recent Community post for more details. Ultimately, Community profile notifications (within the Community) and Live browser based notifications are available for alert options. :slight_smile:

Gotcha! Appreciate you taking the time to come back and clarify that.
Thanks!

1 Like