Random doorbell chime

So recently our ring doorbell stopped working. It wouldn’t ever connect.

I had a baby and just let it go because it still rang in the house when people came but now we have the opposite issue.

It is connected the same as it always has been, the app tells me the batter is about to die but it’s wired in.

The ring itself will not chime in the house but every single night the mechanical door bell box in our house wing ring on its own starting at like 9pm and continue the rest of the night until around 8 the next morning.

We have disconnected both to make sure nothing got loose, we even put our old doorbell back up and it worked just fine.

The communication between our doorbell and the indoor box just are not working properly and we can not figure it out.

Hi @Sdvorak30. Congratulations on your new baby! I can see how this issue is concerning, so lets get it working correctly. There are 3 components to your Doorbell circuit: The Doorbell, the chime kit and your transformer. First, well want to make sure your transformer is capable of supporting your Ring Video Doorbell. It needs to have a voltage rating of 16 VAC and 10 VA. Next, you’ll want to make sure you have a compatible chime kit. A list of compatible chime kits can be found here. Lastly, the Doorbell needs to have a secure wire connection on the back of the device and the wires need to be the right gauge.

I would recommend taking pictures of those 3 components and posting them so the Community can look them over to see if everything is correct. In regards to the chime ringing at a specific time, I’d make sure there is nothing else wired into the doorbell circuit that may be on a timer.

If you need further support with, be sure to have those pictures handy and please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this works out!