Random chimes

I just installed my Ring Doorbell Pro and it mostly works great. However, the mechanical chime will occasionally ring softly at night (not a full-volume chime like an intentional ring). Spooky. The Ring itself doesn’t alert for anything so it seems to be some stray voltage being sent to the mechanical chime. Is there anything wrong with my wiring? Picture attached.

I’ve seen a couple other threads on random chime issues but they seemed different from my issue (ie., mine happens rarely, not every 30 seconds)

Hi @bwe12. I’d first make sure that the Chime Kit you have is compatible with the Doorbell Pro. You can check the compatibility in our Help Center Article here. If it is compatible, then I’d suggest touching base with our support team so they can review the photo of your wiring and help you make sure everything is in order. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the response, my chime is on the list of supported chimes (NuTone KB10). Last night it *did* start chiming every ~30 seconds or so around 4:30. I had to wrap tape around the chime to go back to sleep ?. Today I reset my Ring completely. If it continues tonight I’ll have to call support tomorrow.