Quick release battery replacement

The Quick-release Battery Pack I purchased for my Generation 2 Video Doorbell has a single screw hole centered on the bottom. I removed my Generation 2 doorbell from the faceplate but it has 2 crew holes and a small speaker on the bottom. Every videao I bring up on the internet shows simply snapping the faceplate off the battery but mine unit has 4 small screws in the rear on each side holding the battery in place. Help!

Hey @Goldieny. It seems like you were looking at videos of the Ring Video Doorbell 2, which is different from the Ring Video Doorbell Generation 2. The Generation 2 has an internal battery that cannot be replaced, and you need to charge the battery from the plug in the back. The Doorbell 2 has the removable faceplate and quick release battery that is charged up separately. I recommend charging the device from the back to ensure you can charge it up when you need it.

If you think there is a problem with the internal battery, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.