Questions about battery video doorbell 3 Plus

I’m a new owner and not sure I did all the installation correctly. Door bell rings at the door but not on my iPhone. Is it supposed to ring on my iPhone? Do I have to have the app on for it to ring on my iPhone.

I’m hoping to hear from one or more people who actually have this same device.

Thanks!

David

Hey @DVN. Happy to help out here! Do you have the Ring app installed on your iPhone, with notifications allowed, and currently logged into the app? You will need to ensure you have these three things covered, and then you will enable more alerts on the device’s profile page. If you go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Doorbell 3 > ensure you have Motion Alerts and Ring Alerts turned on. Let me know if this helps! :slight_smile:

Thank you! Thank you! I’ve been so frustrated! I know the company has been in transition right after I bought my Ring.

I’ve turned on the things you mentioned in your reply.

The iPhone doesn’t ring. Only the outdoor bell rings.

I take it that the app can’t be in Live Mode because then the audio works but pushing the door bell doesn’t do anything.

I’m not clear on what the iPhone is supposed to be able to do. Does the app have to be on for the phone to register that someone is pushing the doorbell? I had assumed it would ring on my phone if I was in some other part of the house. Will it at least notify me? I’ve made sure that notifications are turned on.

I’ve tried to call you guys for help but the number I have takes me to an ad.

The number I have is

800 656-1989 support

Is there a better one?

And am I going to need to enter a verification code every time I try to access this discussion tool???

Hey @DVN, happy to chime in for Chelsea here. The Ring App should notify you whenever there is someone at your door via either a motion alert or a ding alert if someone rings the Doorbell. These notifications may not be audible depending on the ringer volume on your phone itself, so you’ll want to ensure that the volume is up in addition to the recommendations Chelsea made.

Should you still not receive any notifications, I’d recommend reaching out to our support team directly so they can take a closer look. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere, and select the troubleshooting option to get to the right team. They’ll be able to offer more advanced troubleshooting steps and determine what may be causing the lack of notifications. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know what they recommend, as it can help other neighbors with a similar concern! :slight_smile: