Question: Can I paint the magnetic door/window sensors?

I recently purchased a Ring security kit from a big box store to replace my ancient wired system. The install was uneventful but I have a simple question. Can I paint the magnetic door/window sensors? My house has dark brown window & door frames and the Ring white color stands out way too much!

Appreciate any information about his plan.

Hey @ygbsm248. From the Ring standpoint, we do not recommend painting or changing the color of the devices in any way, as this may cause potential issues with the devices that include any interference, or voiding of warranty from changing the device physically in look. Just wanted to give you this input so you were aware!

Where in the warranty verbiage does it say “changing the physcal appearnace of a device” will void the warranty?

@ygbsm248 The clause in our warranty that states this is, " Damage from unauthorized service or modification of the product or of any furnished component will void this warranty in its entirety." You can learn more about the warranty we have here. I hope this helps clear it up for you! :slight_smile:

@Chelsea_Ring wrote:

@ygbsm248 The clause in our warranty that states this is, " Damage from unauthorized service or modification of the product or of any furnished component will void this warranty in its entirety." You can learn more about the warranty we have here. I hope this helps clear it up for you! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the information. This does clear things up a bit.

I’m not a lawyer but, I’d say that, since Ring is a Do-It-Yourself security system (even though the components are supplied by Ring), I am the “authorized service” person for my installed system. Just sayin’!

1 Like