Ring App

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring app features, settings, and more.
A

avianskipdiver

Accepted Solution
Putting Ring app widget onto Mac OS Sonoma desktop
live-view
app-request
I have a Ring widget on my iPhone Home Screen, which is very handy to rapidly access a camera. By the magic of Apple I also have added the widget on my iMac, identifying the same camera ... but when I click on it, it just says "Open Ring on iPhone to continue". So I open the Ring app on my phone ... and then what? I assumed I would see some sort of permission request or something, but that doesn't seem to be it. Can someone please explain how to make it active?

27-11-2023 01:31:44

Responses (5)

C
Accepted Solution

Hi @avianskipdiver. The Ring Live View Widget is available for use on your phone or tablet. It is not supported on desktop. You're welcome to add your feedback to our Feature Request board.

28-11-2023 09:10:09

U

Hi Ring Team,   I would also love to see the iPhone RING app working as a widget on the Mac OS desktop ... Can you explain what the user community needs to do for you to prioritize this ?    Thanks !

13-07-2024 04:37:30

M
What is the point of the widget being available in Mac OS Sanoma if it can't be used to view or monitor the cameras? :exploding_head:

10-12-2023 11:44:23

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

09-01-2024 11:44:42

U

@Caitlyn_Ring Please give the feedback to your product team that this would be a much more useful widget if it worked for desktops. I already have the app on my phone, so the phone widget saves one click. However, having access to the views through my desktop would be a valuable convenience to save pulling out my phone or going to the website when I hear the doorbell ring. Thanks! 

25-06-2024 01:26:56

U

I would also love to have a functioning Ring app on my Mac OS Sonoma. 

23-07-2024 11:41:19

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User