Put Ring in Away/Home Mode with Alexa Routine

All,

I have one indoor camera and a strong alexa set up. I’d like to be able to use the alexa routine I have set up when I leave to set my ring app in ‘away’. I do NOT have a ring alarm system, just one camera and one hardwired doorbell.

Currently I can’t figure out how to do that. I’ve tried “Set my ring to away mode” (alexa says she cant find a device named ring) and “arm ring” (alexa says ring doesn’t support that).

How can I switch the Ring MODES using Alexa routines?

Hi @CGAM. Although that is a feature for Alexa to integrate with the Ring Alarm to change Modes, this is currently not a feature for a Camera or Doorbell. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

1 Like

PLEASE add this. A quick google search / forum search shows that changing the ring ‘mode’ fir cameras with alexa voice/routines is desperately wanted.

Thank you so much foe your reply!

1 Like

Has this been fixed yet? It is HIGHLY irritating that this isn’t a default feature. It also seems incredibly trivial to add this as it is already a default feature if you have an alarm.

Just add the same thing for the camera only users please! Schedule ability to set to “away” at a particular time of day.