Push notification issues

Hi, Recently got a Ring 4 video doorbell, and am having issues with reliably getting notifications on my Android phone.

We have set up the app on both my Samsung S21 and my wife’s iPhone. She gets all of the motion and bell ring notifications. I don’t seem to get any when I’m connected to the same wi-fi as the doorbell, and only get a few when on a different wifi, or mobile data.

I have been through the trouble shooting guides, and that has made no difference.

Anyone else had this - any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks, Nigel.

Hi @NigelS. I know you mentioned you have been through some of the troubleshooting guides for your concern, but this Community page might have steps you have not tried yet that could help. Also, if you have a smartwatch connected to your phone try disconnecting and see if that helps. If you have tried these other steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Yes the same thing is going on here. Its because she has a older verson of ring app installed DO NOT UPDATE HERS Or ypy will have a useless sestem with ring doing nothing about it. If you figure it out let me know also please

Thanks for the reply, but I don’t think that’s the issue in my case. We have only recently installed to doorbell, and both got the app at the same time. She does have an Apple device, where mine is Android though …

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.