Purple distortion along image edge

I notice recently on my new (original was replaced by Ring when it died) Doorbell pro a purple distortion along upper left portion of image. Thought maybe was due to sun but it appears on all videos that are recorded during the day (live view too) but does not appear on night videos. This chromatic aberration is is annoying. I have rebooted the unit multiple times and Wifi strength is strong. - I believe there is an issue with lens?

Thank you for this image example, @GMS2! This certainly should not happen. Based on your description and observations of this concern, it may indeed be caused by sun lighting. Try dismounting the Video Doorbell and placing it elsewhere, or facing a different area. Testing different environments will allow you to see how the lens adjusts to each, as well as confirm if this colorization shows up in other “scenes”.

If this concern persists despite trying different areas, both inside and outside, this may require a closer look from our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Sorry it took so long to respond…the purple ring is always on that portion of the image no matter where the sun is located in the sky. The doorbell does face due East but by midday the sun is overhead and the doorbell is on a covered porch so sun is not directly in line with the camera.