Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
PSA- Solution for doorbell “clicks” and re-starts/reboots after pressing button
hardwired-video-doorbell
troubleshooting

My ring doorbell (about 10 yrs old) that is wired to my upgraded transformer just started to appear to power down while also making an audible click a couple seconds after pressing the doorbell button, after which it then restarts/reboots within a couple seconds. This of course created issues where videos were being recorded, etc. Anyway, I read a solution someone else posted where they went into the devices settings and the in-home chime settings and turned OFF the relay in the doorbell that activates my mechanical chime in my hallway. It worked! I think the click I was hearing is the relay in the doorbell that is probably going bad. My device health shows the ring is getting good voltage and good signal, so it’s not those causing the problem. So I’ve lost my mechanical chime inside the house, but I still get a near instant notification on my phone, and no more reboots. I can live with that :+1:t3:

20-12-2023 02:14:26

Responses (1)

C

Hi @user72017. I’m happy to hear you found a solution that works for you! It’s definitely possible there is an issue with the chime kit that was affecting the power to your Doorbell. If you’re fine with not using the chime kit, you can also use an Alexa-enabled device to hear audible alerts in your home. :slight_smile:

21-12-2023 07:33:30

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User