Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
F
Protective plastic peeling doorbell 3 plus
battery-video-doorbell
cs-support
I have a doorbell plus (3) and when changing the battery last time, noticed a plastic protective film starting to lift and peel. Initially thought maybe I’d forgotten to take an film off when first installing the doorbell, but that was three years ago, and this film is most definitely stuck on! Where is has partially come off, on that side the camera is now hazy… some googling tells me that many people have had this issue in the states and that it means a replacement unit?? Surely not?

26-11-2023 08:23:26

Responses (2)

C
Hi @feidna. It does sound like the protective film was not removed when the Doorbell 3 was initially installed. Exposure to the weather over the years may have caused the adhesive to adhere pretty well to the Doorbell's lens, which is likely what is left over after you removed the film. You can try to lightly clean the lens with a microfiber cloth and a mixture of water and isopropyl alcohol, which is just rubbing alcohol. Make sure to apply this mixture to your washcloth and not directly to the Doorbell lens. If that doesn't work and the lens on your Doorbell still seems hazy or cloudy, please follow up with our [support team](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Contact-Us) to explore other options. If you are outside of the US, please visit [here ](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406)to see how to contact support.

28-11-2023 08:57:27

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

28-12-2023 08:57:57

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User