Protection plan

I purchased the ring protection plan 3/24, received a new ring as a gift on 4/26, now today 5/17 it’s staying i need to purchase the plan. Why didn’t It just carry over from my old ring to my new ring?

Hey @Laukath24. Basic Plans are specific to the device the Basic Plan is signed up for, so if you do not cancel your Basic Plan and sign up for a new one, you will run into this concern you are having. The plans will not carry over when it is a Basic Plan, as it is for one device. Any Plus Plan should cover all devices on one location for you, and do not require moving over of this plan if you are not moving locations.

1 Like

Hello,

Can you tellme how to get a basic protection plan for a Ring doorbell 3 ?

Hey @galone. You can learn more about the Basic Plan and how to purchase one here. If you are unable to online, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.