Protect Plan Trial Included With 3-Pack StickUp Cams From CostCo

I have a decent amount of Ring hardware in my home and many times when I get devices from CostCo there is a trial of the protect plan included - often one year. In Costco’s Black Friday ad they have a deal on a 3-pack of Stick Up Cams which would be very handy for a stretch of our property not currently covered. I have heard differing reports that when the three pack is purchased from CostCo there is a 1 year Protect Plan trial sent via email after registering the cameras. I am hoping someone here could confirm whether there is a 1 year trial included with the cameras as it would move me from _maybe _to definitely. Thanks in advance!

Hi @TheCarsForever. It would be best to contact Costco directly for this concern. When the Ring Protect Plan is included in a Costco package, it is usually stated as such. If the advertisement doesn’t specifically state that the Ring Protect Plan is included, it might not be. Feel free to report back if you find out more information on what Costco is offering. Thank you!

Thanks for the info. Sorry I was unclear in my original post. The trial/promotion came to some folks as an email from Ring, not CostCo, after the cameras were added to the account. The Ring email required an action to enable the 1 year trial which is different from the CostCo specific deal where the product listing noted the trial and it is automatically added to your account. Since this appears to be a Ring promo - and potentially not exclusive to CostCo - I am hoping someone from Ring could confirm whether the promotion is still underway. If there is still a 1 year trial for the 3-pack of stick-up cams it would definitely get me to purchase them so am hoping I can get a yeah or neah. Thanks again!

Hi @TheCarsForever. Ring isn’t offering any such promotions at the moment. Generally, any devices from Costco have their own promotions that include a 1 year subscription. If you have any further questions, you can contact our support team. It might also be helpful to have a screenshot of the email your friend received as a reference. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.