Protect Plan Plus not giving access to paid features

I have an annual unlimited Ring Protect Plus plan which renewed and I paid for on 20 March 2023.

Two days ago I added another camera. I now want to use Geofencing reminders. The Ring app will not let me use this feature because it says I do not have a Protect Plan. My account says I am on a Protect trial. It also shows that my plan next renews on 20 Mar 2024 bit it looks as though Ring intend to charge me again when the trial expires. If that happens I will lose my rag since I have already paid for it.

Why are features being denied from my account when I have paid for this feature.

I leave for work before support opens and get home after they are closed so live support is useless for me.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Paul_J. It sounds like an alternate Location was created when setting up the new camera. Since we don’t have access to your account here in the community, I suggest reaching out to our support team to look into this for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.