Protect basic price increase

Hi,
I have a protect basic for two devices.
Today received an email informing about price increase from £24.99 to £34.99/year, for more feature like “ You can store your Ring videos for up to 180 days. Video storage defaults to 30 days.”
Can I keep the old policy, am happy with 30 days storage? if so can not see anywhere under my account to do so.

5 Likes

Hi @Alex69. There is no option to keep the current version of your Ring Protect Basic plan after July 1st, 2022. You can find more information on the additional features that will be available with your Ring Protect Basic plan after July 1st, 2022 in our Help Center Article here.

1 Like

I’ve made up my mind and decided to cancel my Ring Protect Plan due to the price hike. After 4 years of subscribing, a 40% price increase is too much.

11 Likes

No there’s no way to do it, they just want to whack an extra £10 on for some more usleless add ons, pure greed

5 Likes

Me to, I’m not willing to throw another 10er at cooperation greed :rage:

5 Likes

So why don’t they give ppl the option to stay with what they’ve got and offer it for ppl who want it, simple, they know ppl won’t want it so they don’t give the option!

5 Likes

Let’s put it in perspective… IT’S A 40% INCREASE

We know it’s only £1 per month, we can count :wink:

I’m guessing that you work for Ring and it was your idea to increase the cost?

5 Likes

Yeah thankfully you don’t work for them.

You still miss the point, there’s no justification whatsoever for the ridiculous price increase. If they had vastly increased features that people would actually want or even fixed their absolutely useless person detection algorithms so it can differentiate between a pigeon and a person then I would happily pay a small increase.

Hiking the price 40% for absolutely no reason is just greed.

6 Likes

This character always defends Ring’s financial interests - when the pro account price was DOUBLED they said all the same things. Thankfully their MO is obvious, and so their contribution can be treated accordingly. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Unbelievable. They’'re doing it again…£34.99 to £49.99 from 11 March 2024 renewals. What justification do they think they have…be double what it was just over 2 years ago. Going to definitely look at alternatives. Greedy barstewards🤬

8 Likes

There is a price increase and then this extortionate increase I’ve just had an email about. What is the justification apart from greed. Looks like I’ll be looking for an alternative. I pay monthly £3.49 to £4.99!!??!!

7 Likes

Hi Neighbors. Since Ring launched its Protect Basic Plan, we have regularly found ways to enhance the plan to give our neighbors more value. As we continue to invest in the services we offer, we are updating our Protect Basic Plan pricing. Thank you for your feedback on this. I’ll be marking this post as a solution so other neighbors can easily find it.

Sorry but I am not paying £50 for your stupid and useless (in my opinion) service, and that’s per device!! Will definitely look for an alternative when the time comes for renewal. I will never buy another hardware from you, nor will I recommend it to anyone.

I will strongly recommend you guys do the same because there will probably be another price hike next year.

6 Likes

I too have had an email saying that a price increase will occur in march, I will not be renewing my subscription, it has gone from 34.99 to 49.99 a year, this is a massive increase of nearly 43% , it is a joke, it’s not as if we are getting anything extra to warrant the increase, this is diabolical, I will find alternative options and will advise my friends and family who i suggested ring to, to change and look for alternative options.

6 Likes

Just received notification of a 43% increase from 34.99 to 49.99 GBP
Absolutely scandalous profiteering from a company that sells products often not fit for purpose. No longer Ring…you are losing another subscriber!!

6 Likes

I have cancelled two basic protect plans as a result of the 40% price increase.

One plan was partially refunded. The other received a service credit.

Why was there a difference?

1 Like

Absolutely scandalous to increase subscriptions by almost 50%. There is zero justification to do this other than profiteering.

6 Likes

Shameful ripoff price increase - we have three of these devices precisely due to the reasonable annual fee
How on earth can 40 % increase be justified - you’ve had the sale and it’s simply software maintenance - no new features or functions offered by way of explanation
We previously recommended Ring products to others - not now!
Shocking customer service!
Reward loyalty? - not Ring!

6 Likes

Totally I’ve cancelled. Just total greed. Shame on you Ring.com

7 Likes

You have just sent me an email to tell me you will increase the annual charge for Ring Protect by 42% with no explanation as to why.

Inflation is not 42% and there are no new features so this is not justified.

I don’t want to pay any more and now I regret investing in this product.

Please can you explain this example of GREED-FLATION?

3 Likes