Protect Basic not Working on Stick-Up Cam - Shows as Active Sub on Dashboard

Hi Ring Community,

Hoping for some help here. I purchased a basic plan for my 2nd stick-up cam about a month or so ago. It shows as active w/ subscription in the dashboard, however when activating the cam it displays that the trial has run out. I am unable to record videos for this camera at the moment. It was working properly for a little bit, but just now noticed that it has ceased recordings.

One thought, I did change my wifi network earlier this month… but I was able to connect the camera without issue. I’m wondering if that may have had something to do with it? However, it wouldn’t explain why my first camera is working as usual.

Thoughts on this issue?

Thank you!

1 Like

We’re here to help, @Demoncracy. The wifi change should not have any impact on your Protect Plan subscription status, however, wifi / network connection can impact your video experience. The best thing to check first is that the Ring device in question did not get moved or assigned under another location. This can be checked in the Ring app, by tapping the city / location at the top of the dashboard or menu, to expand to show if other locations are added to your Ring app.

Try to log in at Ring.com, via web browser, to check your plan status. There, you can also check your recording history to see if videos are saving there, but not showing on your mobile device. Here is our help center article about subscribing for tips and steps on doing so. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Hi @Marley_Ring ,

Thank you for the tips and reply! However, both devices are correctly displaying on the dashboard with subscriptions active . When clicking the second camera (Swim Club), I’m still being presented with the attached message. Do you have any other thoughts?

Thank you!

First screenshot showing the active subs on the dashboard.

Hi @Demoncracy. Thank you for sharing those images! Something definitely seems amiss with your Ring Protect Plan. I suggest reaching out to our support team to look into this for you. Once verified, the support agent will be able to review your account information and pinpoint what the issue is.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.