Programmable detection movement

Hi
I ve got a ring doorbell 2 and i would like to disable detection movement (not only notification) beetween 11H00 PM to 6H00 AM.

Is it possible and how?

I used detection deactivation notification movement but when someone pass front of it it continues to detect (red lights on)

Thanks a lot.

Hey @Loic2810. If you check out our new Modes feature, you can turn on a Mode that disables the motion detection during this time frame (Ex. “Disarm mode”). Please note that you will have to go in and change the mode manually as it cannot be set up for a schedule at this time, but this will be the key fix you’re looking for in order to completely disable motion detection during those desired times!

Thanks a lot for your response,

It will be great if a schedule modes will come later :slight_smile:

But we’re changing modes is it necessary to pass front of the camera in order that changes will function ?

Another thing will be nice if we could make the red lights off in detection mode.

I have light enough to take video at night :slight_smile: and will be more discret.

Regards.

L

@Loic2810 For sure! I agree it would be a great idea. I’ll make sure to update this thread if it comes up as a feature for the future. :slight_smile:

For when you change the modes, there is no need to have to trigger the devices to have it go into effect. Once you change it, it’ll start behaving as you told it to, depending on the Mode you’ve picked and the configuration you have for said mode.

Thank you also for that feedback as well! As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :slight_smile: