Professional monitoring with Ring Alarm

Hello everyone, I have applied for professional monitoring with ringing alarm, but because I have to move in time, I want to interrupt the current application process. Although I changed to self-monitoring on the IOS APP, I still keep receiving emails. Tell me that the application process is still going on, how should I stop the application process? Please help me, thank you very much.

Hi @yht1997. If you are in Self Monitoring, you can safely move the Ring Alarm system to your new location. Once you are moved in and have a working wifi, you can change your Address in the Ring app and switch back to Professional Monitoring. If you need assistance with this, don’t hesitate to reach out to our Ring Alarm support team.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.