Prodoor bell constantly disconnecting from WIFI despite strong RSSI sub 50 and good power source

TP - link appears to be causing issues with my pro doorbell. All good with 2 Floodlights and chime but constant issues when using AV600 powerline and wifi extender to boost signal to garage. Assumption is it is some form of conflict, but issue started suddenly in September afetr months of seamless connectivity. Presume it is an update to firmware that has created the issue any ideas on how i can resolve?

I’m having the exact same issues with my Ring 2 since Nov 15, 2020. Been working seamlessly for over a year. Good power and wifi connections available.

1 Like

Hi neighbors! When a Doorbell Pro falls offline, the best first step is to confirm whether it is power related or network related. As it looks like you have already confirmed power is adequate, please ensure the Doorbell Pro is connected to your 2.4 Ghz network, rather than the 5Ghz network.

Check out our Community post for tips on optimizing wifi signal strength. If multiple access points or extenders are being used to deliver signal, double checking those connections or even adjusting their positioning can help.

Hi

Thanks for response, but how do i determine which Ghz network i am connecting to? Alos how would i switch to another ?

Hi @ChrisG97! This will depend on your wifi router model and features, but can usually be confirmed through your router user interface, or application. You can also confirm this if your wifi SSID (name) add the “5g” or “2.4” in the name. Changing this connection, if necessary, can be done by “changing network” in the Doorbell Pro Device Health section of the Ring app, or by completing a new setup in the Ring app and choosing the 2.4 Ghz specific network when it appears.

Hi

OK so have succeeded in switching off 5GHZ band on router all network now connected to 2.4GHZ and still having intermittent connectivity issues. Any further suggestions?

Thanks

Hey @ChrisG97! It looks like you’ve covered most the steps mentioned in this thread. The best next step will be to reach out to our support team for a more in-depth look. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.