Problem with Stick Cams live view and motion sensing

Looking for some help with a couple issues with the stick up cams.

We have owned a Ring doorbell for the last few years and it has been great, no issues at all. This last week, we decided to get 2 of the 3rd gen battery Stick Up Cams.
We followed the process setting them up, and everything seemed to go well.

When we try to use live view, it only captures for about a second and then disconnects, if it even starts connecting at all. Sometimes I get the “Couldn’t connect to Camera” and if it does connect, I see a few frames and then movement stops, and a few seconds later I get the “Lost connection to Camera” message. I put one up above the garage just to see if it would work by the time I got it up there… Nope. So it didn’t work in the room where I set it up (with my modem+router in it) and it didn’t work outside, same issue.

Motion sensing also doesn’t work a majority of the time. Once in a while I’ll get one from the camera that’s sitting in our living room while I work on it, but again, it only records for 1 second or so.

BOTH cameras have been doing this since I got them out of the box. If it was one, I would think it’s a physical issue possibly, but since both are not working, i’m guessing it’s firmware or something on our end (router, firewall, ports?.. I don’t know).

I have tried many things over the last week:
-Signal was already ok, but I tried getting 2 different wireless extenders, which boosted the camera signal strength even more

-Tried setting up the second one next to the router for maximum signal

-Removed both cameras from my account, added them back

-Reinstalled Ring app

-Reset modem, router

-Added a guest network, added the camera to that wifi

-Connected camera to a wifi extender and ran it through both the normal 2.4 wifi, and then the guest wifi

-Added port forwarding rules to my router as indicated on this page: Protocols and Ports Used by Ring Devices

-Changed my wifi name and password to not include special characters

-Called Ring support, and they ran me through some typical troubleshooting (reboot from app, push button on bottom, take battery out, etc) and then they checked on my devices online. They mentioned it was weird that my camera said it was still online after I took the battery out, several minutes after. It said the same on my app. They landed on the devices being the problem physically, and that I should just get them replaced for free as they are new. I have a feeling this isn’t the issue, because it happened to both devices brand new out of the box.

I’ve tried other things like messing with the motion settings, Modes, and other features in the app. I never tried any of the above until after we first tried setting them up normally, so no changes were made before the problems began. Also, I have reset many of the changes I’ve made above on this point with the router and wifi name and such, and tried again to readd them as new devices with no luck.

Anyways, I’m at my wits end and I’ve tried many solutions I’ve seen across this forum and the internet with no success, and was hoping someone else has a solution I haven’t tried yet. Let me know if there’s other info I can provide that may help.

Thank you!

Hi @ninjafox. When your cameras are connected, what is their RSSI? Try connecting the camera to a WiFi hotspot, then seeing if the behavior persists, please send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter @Ring for assistance.

Hi Tom,

Currently, the Signal Strength is RSSI - 42
It’s usually in the 40s, sometimes it dips down to 30. Always green.
Still having the same issue.

Hi @ninjafox. Thank you for your reply. Your RSSI is great and I don’t see it being a contributing factor. I suggest reaching out to our team to they can work with you on this.