Problem With Setting Motion Zone

Hi,

I have two Stick Up cameras, both are being used as outdoor, both are plugged in, all settings should be the same with one another.

On one camera I am able to set the motion zone over the whole area the camera can see. However on another camera, I can only set the motion zone on the lower two-thirds of what the camera sees. How do I fix this or what could be the issue? It looks like the screen of the problematic camera is moved upwards off the screen so I can’t move the zone nodes beyond that. However, the other camera the screen sits fine.

1 Like

Did you ever get an answer on this issue? I’m experiencing the same thing.

1 Like

Hey there, neighbors! This is potentially due to the customizable motion settings being used, which can look different based on device type or power method. Check out the power mode for each StIck Up Camera to ensure it is set to be wired.

Feel free to also check out our Community post for more information about customizable motion on battery devices. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Here’s the short answer from the community post:

“Motion zones can not be extended to the full area of your Live View when creating these zones. This is because the area your camera covers is slightly larger than the area your motion sensors cover.”

1 Like

Hey neighbors! I wanted to step into here to clear things up and paint the full picture for you in this situation of using the Motion Zone feature and the Stick Up Cam 3rd Gen while wired via the Plug-In Adapter, or by battery via the Quick Release Battery and/or Solar.

If you have the Stick-Up Cam Plug-In (3rd Gen), this means that you are supplying constant power to the device and allowing it to operated on the wired device motion settings. This means that when wired, you will not see a crop when selecting your Motion Zones because the device will use our wired devices motion detection to capture events based off of your more in-depth settings to select from.

In comparison, if you are using the Stick-Up Cam Battery/Solar(3rd Gen), this means that you are having the camera operate off of the battery power that is available to it (and recharged to the battery from the solar panel), thus having it operated on battery device motion settings. These settings differ from wired and have some limitations to help conserve battery life and how the device functions, which is why you will see this crop. You can read more about how battery devices function with Motion Zones in our Community article here.

An important note from that article is that “Motion zones can not be extended to the full area of your Live View when creating these zones. This is because the area your camera covers is slightly larger than the area your motion sensors cover.” If you have your Stick Up Cam 3rd Gen operated via battery or solar, we recommend changing the power mode to Wired.

I hope this clears this up for you, neighbors, and if you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know below.