Problem with Ring setup a1

Someone has encountered such a problem. I have a stick up elite camera. I already had it connected but I wanted to reinstall it. Now, when I want to connect it again, I don’t want to connect to the wifi. Ring setup a1 shows that it is connected and there is no internet. All other appliances in the house are working properly. This is a new camera. There is an exclamation mark next to the wifi badge ring setup a1. After a few failed setup attempts the device seems to become non-responsive not allowing a phone to connect to its network…

Hi there, @Arci! When looking to change your network or connection type, this can be done via the device health section of the Ring app. Follow the steps in this help center article to reconnect and ethernet connection should be noticed by the device.

Please ensure there is power getting to the Camera and that the ethernet is plugged in on both sides. If the Camera is still no responding to setup attempts, try performing a reset by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. Once the reset is complete, please retry the above steps. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Hi. Thank you for your response. I solved it in a different way, I took the camera back to the store and took a new one. Connected to Wi-Fi with no problem but when I installed it and wanted to connect it to ethernet via cabel using Change Connection Type the camera won’t connect. Works over wifi but doesn’t work over ethernet. Please help

Hi @Arci. Since you’ve had issues with multiple cameras, there may be some network settings that need to be changed to allow for a ethernet connection. I suggest reaching out to our support team for the next best steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.