Problem with Ring app solar panel

Hi everyone. I have two 3rd gen stickup battery cams with solar panels connected. Both are working fine. I am in the process of connecting a solar panel to a third 3rd gen stickup battery cam. I noticed, in the app, before plugging the panel in, the app showed Solar Status as Connected. After plugging the panel in, it still showed Connected, but did not say it was able to charge the device, even in direct sunlight. The icon, with the sunshine, does not show charging in the app. The device is loosing power. I have: restarted my wi-fi modem, rebooted the device, removed and replaced the battery, removed and replaced the solar cable, checked the fittings, and restarted my Samsung a42 5g smartphone. Any help will be appreciated.

Hi @theweav. You have already walked through all of the basic troubleshooting steps we would have recommended here on the Community. The Ring Solar Panel does need direct sunlight, indirect sunlight will not work. One other troubleshooting step you can try is to fully reset the Stick Up Cam by holding down the setup button for 20 seconds.

After the reset is complete, walk through a new setup in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device. Connect the Solar Panel, and then monitor its performance for a few days. If the battery is draining consistently, and does not appear to be receiving a trickle charge from the panel, you can reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here for further assistance.

Hi Caitlyn. Thanks for your reply. I did the reset while waiting for the reply. No help. The solar panel gets plenty of sun. Thanks again. I will contact support.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.