Pro Power Kit v3 / Ring Pro 2 w Nicor PRCP2 doorbell

I cannot find any instructions on how to install my Pro Power Kit v3 to existing Nicor PRCP2 doorbell. I have a Ring Pro 2 waiting to be be used, but this one has me scratching my head. It just keeps ringing when I connect the power kit to any of the existing terminals.

Hi @Tim.Sto. You can find installation instructions for the Doorbell Pro 2 in our Help Center Article here. I checked the chime kit compatibility list as well, and it does appear that the Nicor PRCP2 (PrimeChime+2, PrimeChime Plus2) is compatible with the Doorbell Pro 2, so that’s good to go. Make sure you have the correct chime type selected in the Ring App as well. Go to Devices > your Doorbell > Device Settings > General Settings > Doorbell Chime Type. If you have a digital chime but it’s set as mechanical, or vice versa, this can cause problems such as what you’re seeing. I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

These instructions do not represent connection to the Nicor PRCP2. There are a total of 8 terminal points on the back of the doorbell unit which also has a built in transformer. 2 of the wires connect to the doorbell button, so I assume those connect to the Ring Doorbell. Where do I land the wires for the power kit? I have called and spent time with a Ring call center person, I have exchanged several emails and now this connection. Still no answer on how to wire this to my doorbell that is on your compatibility list.

Please help.

I should also add that I choose 2 terminals on the back of the Nicor, selecting a + and a - terminal next to each other. The Ring Pro 2 never received any power.

@Tim.Sto In that case you may need to consult a qualified electrician for further installation help. I can’t speak to exactly what all of those 8 terminals on your chime kit are for, but there should be two that have wires connecting to your Doorbell. If you aren’t sure which are which, it’s best to have a qualified electrician take a look to ensure everything is being done safely.

Thank you. As an electrician, I concluded the transformer was bad. I then purchased another Nicor PRCP2 unit, and it worked great for 24 hours. Now the transformer on it is no longer outputting any voltage. I’m concluding from all of this your list of acceptable transformers should not have this one listed, and I should probably have used different devices altogether. Any further thoughts before I return everything?