Pro Power Kit v3 creating burning smell from chime

I purchase a Pro 2 and connected the Pro Power Kit v3 to the merchanical chime per instructions.

After about 10 minutes, I started to smell burning circuitry. I disconnected it and felt the chime board which was extremely hot to the touch.

The transformed is 16v 10a and the Ring doorbell is functioning without the Pro Power Kit. However, it is not ringing the chime.

I don’t know if the chime is fried now or if it is because the kit is not installed.

The chime is only a year old.

Any ideas of what caused it to burn like that? Is the kit required for the mechanical chime to work?

Hi @user48800. I’d highly suggest disconnecting the Doorbell from the circuit and following up with our support team to safely review the wiring. We take your safety very seriously, and there should not be a burning smell when the Doorbell Pro 2 is installed. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. The support agent you speak with may ask for pictures of the chime kit and transformer. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.