Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
A
User Solution
Closed
Privacy settings missing in app
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
motion-settings

So I have moved my old Ring Doorbell and I want to put a black square around our opposite neighbours front door. After a quick search it appears I can do this in device settings>privacy settings but all that is shown is a toggle for “audio streaming and recording” there is no “privacy zone” section. What’s going on? Is it because I have an older doorbell?

01-03-2024 10:25:03

Responses (4)

T
User Solution

Hey @Adey1kenobi. Thank you for sharing that information. Unfortunately, Privacy Zones are not available for the Gen 1 Doorbells. You can learn more about this here.

11-03-2024 06:17:41

T

Hi @Adey1kenobi. This Help Center article here has information on how to setup Privacy Zones. If you are not seeing this option, please let us know what type of phone you have and what version on the Ring app is installed. Also, what model doorbell do you have?

04-03-2024 05:47:09

A

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

I have Google Pixel 7 and my wife has Samsung Z Fold 5. Version 3.70.0 installed on both.

The Ring Doorbell is 1st Gen

09-03-2024 10:25:51

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

10-04-2024 06:18:29

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User