Presale questions

I have a Arlo netcam aimed at my front door. When it detects motion I do get an alert but it seems viewing the video is slow -about 15/20 seconds. Whats the response or access time with the Ring?

my current door bell is the left of the ft door. Is the degree of view 180? That way i get the video of someone walking up the steps to my door. Is the degree of view adjustabl and if so its range?

thx.

@sethm1 wrote:

I have a Arlo netcam aimed at my front door. When it detects motion I do get an alert but it seems viewing the video is slow -about 15/20 seconds. Whats the response or access time with the Ring?

my current door bell is the left of the ft door. Is the degree of view 180? That way i get the video of someone walking up the steps to my door. Is the degree of view adjustabl and if so its range?

thx.

For the 2nd question, I’d install and join the Neighbors app.

You don’t need a Ring device for that.

You can see what real Ring users are seeing, in a variety of conditions and installations.

is that the “neighbors by ring” by the new neighborhood watch app in the apple app store? Hope not - is not Ipad friendly. I dont use/hold my ipad like a phone. Also still not clear on degree of its viewing area.

Glad you asked @sethm1 ! Our Video Doorbell Classic has a 180 degree field of view, while our Video Doorbell 2 and Pro has a 160 degree field of view. If needed, we also have Wedge and Corner mounting kit accessories that will assist with fine tuning your angle of view.

In regards to video load time, our devices and app are designed to make you feel like you are “Always Home”, even when you are away. That being said, your wifi speeds and signal strength is going to dictate how any IoT device functions in your home. Let us know if you have any other questions, we’re more than happy to help :slight_smile: