Pre roll utterly hopeless

I upgraded my door bell 3 to a 4 hopeless. Pre roll is blurry and I notice others have same issue. Why not roll out a software update or bring out new model that works? Had to switch pre roll off. If footage is low resolution and blurry why have the feature for battery door bells?

Hi @Phil19881. The Pre-Roll for your Ring Video Doorbell 4 is low definition by design. This Help Center article here will explain this concept for you. I hope this information is helpful.

1 Like

Just a crazy question. I have the spotlight cam pro. The pre-roll footage is useless. The first four seconds are blurry and can’t see anything at night. In other words, if a car is going right to left pre-roll picks it up early, but by the time the camera kicks in, it’s already halfway through the screen. Why not just start the motion of the camera when the pre-roll picks it up? I’d rather have the first 4 seconds in good footage.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.