Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
L
Pre roll not showing picture in live view Ring doorbell 3 plus?
live-view
hardwired-battery-video-doorbell
Has anybody else found a solution to getting the picture in live view if you don't pay the subscription please? It clearly states on the web page that this is possible...... I have it activated in the options but stopped working as soon as my free trial stopped.!! **Do I have to purchase Ring Protect to be able to use Pre-Roll on my Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus?** No. Pre-Roll on this device works for everyone, regardless if you are subscribed to a Ring Protect Plan or not. However, if you do not subscribe to a Ring Protect Plan, you will only be able to view Pre-Roll as a picture-in-picture in Live View for answered motion notifications.

29-12-2020 06:48:30

Responses (4)

M
Hi there, @linds! You are correct on both of your observations. Pre-Roll is indeed available for you, even without a subscription, as is live view. There are certain features that require a Protect Plan subscription, so it was great of you to check in with us. In this case, your Live View and Pre-Roll will indeed work without subscribing to a Protect Plan. Try removing and reinstalling the Ring app, as well as ensuring there is not a vpn enabled on your mobile device. Live View connection and even Pre-Roll efficiency can be determined by wifi signal strength, as it is the most important resource for video connection. Feel free to check out our [Community post](https://community.ring.com/t/how-it-works-your-ring-device-rssi-good-vs-poor/229) for tips on ensuring your wifi signal is optimal. If this concern persists, try downloading the Rapid Ring app, designed for the quickest access to live view. I hope this helps! :)

30-12-2020 03:50:34

L
Hi, The pre roll on my doorbell 3 plus has also disappeared. Strangely enough it stopped just around the same time my audio problems "fixed themselves"! I have tried deleting and reinstalling the ring app as suggested but still no pre roll. I have no problem with the wifi signal strength or bandwidth and my live view is perfect. Although i shouldnt need to, I tried the Rapid Ring app but this was just the same. What next? Thanks.

22-01-2021 08:31:31

C
Hi @Lee4. If none of the suggestions Marley made resolve this concern, it may be best to follow up with our support team directly. They can pull up your account and offer more in-depth troubleshooting to see why the Pre-Roll feature is not working as intended. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406). We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360041597471) to see how to contact support.

25-01-2021 07:15:18

A
This behavior just started on. my brand new Ring Plus 3 as well. Has anyone figured out a fix for this yet?

02-04-2021 03:55:21

A
I returned my first unit and got a replacement. The preroll worked for the first 4 days then randomly stopped again. Tech support has no clue why. I was expecting a call from advanced tech support but never got one. Any ideas? This is definitely a software issue if it happened on both units.

15-04-2021 03:23:59

B
I had a motion detection warning at 4am and my dog was barking. I clicked the notification and it began live view but failed to give me any pre-roll or footage before I began live view when the motion was detected. I am dealing with a dangerous ex and need this footage as it possibly will show their face before they realize now I have a ring and will be prepared to cover their face next time! Please help!

02-11-2022 01:18:37

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User