Power Specs on Spotlight Camera (wired) for long run installs

I’m looking for the power specs on the spotlight camera (wired) aside from ‘AC adapter’.

My plan is to replace POE cameras installed outside and utilise the Cat5 cable as power into a CCTV power supply box (as I have 4 cameras ran to a single location, 4 outets + transformer boxes is too much). Most CCTV is 12v but as the spotlight cam has additional lighting I’m thinking maybe I should opt for an 18v power supply box?

Has anyone done this or know the EXACT power requirements for spotlight cam?

https://www.amazon.ca/Channel-Distributed-Security-Cameras-Supply/dp/B07DL43LTJ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=power+supply+box&qid=1603402465&s=electronics&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExVEowQUc4MzdXNEtKJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTU0OTY2MjRESVBJSVU1UEM1WSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTYxNzkyM0JZTkdIRjNRNjBMTiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

1 Like

Hi there, @TechTy! The Spotlight Camera Wired is designed to plug into a standard power outlet, in which the power supplied through a standard outlet is sufficient for operation. When looking to use the Spotlight Camera Hardwired Kit, please follow the instructions listed in our help center article for recommended installation. We advise against altering, powering, or operating your Ring device in anyway that is not intended by design or that might physically alter the device in an unintended fashion. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Is it possible to plug in 20v power in the back of a Spotlight cam where the 3mm plug is for the solar panel to connect?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi there, @Watchit! Similar to the above answer regarding the use of a diy power source for the Spotlight Camera, the battery powered models especially are only designed to operate on battery. There is not an option, at this time, to add a power accessory to a battery powered Spotlight Camera, other than our recommended Solar and Super Solar Panels.

As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to add your scenarios in the form of a request on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here. :slight_smile: