Power outage

We had a power outage that only lasted milliseconds. The Ring Pro 2 that is hard wired has been offline since then. Device health shows a good signal and 16v power, but it won’t reset. There is no light when the reset button is pushed and the troubleshooter says this is because there is no power to the unit. That obviously isn’t accurate.

Is this a matter of disconnecting the power source so that it goes through power cycling?

There is, but it doesn’t work because the unit is offline.

I disconnected the power waited a few minutes and turned it back on. No change. I then pulled out the multimeter and checked the voltage. Even though device health said I had 16v there was none.

Now I am chasing down the transformer to see what the problem is.

1 Like

Hi @user21488. The voltage you were seeing on the Device Health screen was likely from before the Doorbell went offline. Feel free to keep us updated on what you find out after checking on the transformer, as there may be a loose or frayed wire somewhere.

It turns out there was operator error here. I was checking for DC voltage. When I realized that mistake I did have 18v AC at the doorbell.

The story does have a happy ending. I was trying to get this going without a reset to factory defaults because I had put a lot of time and effort into the settings to eliminate false alarms. I had given up and pushed the reset button for about a half minute. What is strange is that it didn’t go into setup mode. Instead it went to solid blue.

When I checked all of my settings had been retained and the doorbell was working properly. All is well that ends well.

1 Like