Possible to disable vibrate on motion notifications on iPhone?

Is it possible to turn off the vibration on my iPhone for motion notifications? Whenver anyone walks in front of my camera my iphone vibrates and this is killing my battery.

Thanks!

Glad you asked, @goldengate! While there are various notification preferences within the Ring app, vibration control is not one of them. Luckily, I also have an IOS device and was able to test some features on the phone itself.

From your Iphone home screen, open the IOS settings and select the “Sounds & Haptics” option. There you should see toggles to disabled vibrate based on your desired sounds profile (Silent/Ring). This should do the trick! :slight_smile:

1 Like

So what you are saying is that if we switch of vibrate for all of our apps, this should solve the issue for the Ring app?

Sounds like the developers are trying to make us look at our mobile phones no matter what!

Hi @Valky! If you are looking for a more specific feature or setting, we always welcome our neighbors feedback. Feel free to add this request on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here. :slight_smile:

I ran into this now too. Its just annoying that every time something crosses the camera’s path the phone has vibrate. Are there any new solutions?

So far I read that the three “solutions” are (IOS):

1. turn off vibrate to ALL apps on the phone, including critical ones where we need it

OR

1. turn off ALL notifications from the camera completely, so we get no banners or anything, defeating the purpose of having the ring doorbell

OR

1. live with your phone buzzing and vibrating all the time, in my case in its charger stand which causes constant buzzing sounds

All the other apps that I have that can vibrate the phone, have a little control to turn off vibrate. It’s cheap to implement so this was an intentional “feature”. Is it felt this is for our safety, that we should not be allowed to turn it off?

1 Like

That’s exactly it, they accumulate app usage so this pads the numbers and makes them look better to investors, that people use the app X times per day. Users have to pay in terms of it being a nuisance.

Please create a separate control to turn on-off vibrate of only ring related notification.