Popup notification shows snooze?

Hi

I have 2x Ring2 doorbell, 1x Ring Popup Cam, 1x Floodlight Cam plus extenders.

Everything has worked fine until I disabled the Disarm, Home, Away Mode. I have since added it back but the issue remains.

When a sensor is activated a popup shows on my mobile, in the past I could click the popup to go to view the item that caused the sensor to be activated. Now the popup shows but has the word ‘Snooze’ on it, I don’t want to snooze I want to be able to open the activated item and view when it was activated. When I click the popup it gives me the snooze time options.

I have checked the devices but cannot see why this is happening.

Device-1 Ring2 front door bell

Snooze is off

Ring/Record motion & Motion Notication are All On

Device-2 Ring2 back door bell

Snooze is off

Device-3 Ring Stick up Cam - Sun Lounge

Snooze is off

Device-4 Ring Floodlight Cam - Rear Garden

Snooze is off

Help please, it is frustrating not to be able to click the popup and view the device that was activated.

Thanks in advance

Paul

2 Likes

Hey @PJT. Thanks for reaching out to the Community on your concern! There was a recent change to the way the Android app shows the notification in your app, as there was a View and a Snooze option before. We removed the View option, as you can still “View” the notification by tapping on the words of the notification, and not the Snooze button. Please ensure you tap on the notification itself and not the Snooze word at all, otherwise it may prompt for you to Snooze the device.

Thank you for your feedback on your experience with this, as I will ensure it’s passed onto the appropriate teams for you. If you continue to have any concerns with the app not going to the event or your Live View when tapping on the physical notification, please try removing the Ring app, rebooting your phone and then reinstalling the app. :slight_smile:

Hi

Thank you for confirming.

I will add a comment in suggestions, would it not be easier to add…

VIEW or SNOOZE

Paul

1 Like

This snooze option on pop up is a pain I am trying to view the event and have no use for snooze… It is making this unusable since often it snoozes the event by accident please fix this… Snooze could be an option but should not be so easy…or make an option to remove it