Poor WiFi Due To Metal Front Door

Any suggestions as to what to do when my doorbell just struggles giving notifications due to front door being metal? I can’t place it either side as that was my other idea, so now stumped what to do. Help

Hi @JLS73! Just connection concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. The best first thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength. Thick exterior walls or metal doors can certainly cause interference in wifi, in which an extender or Ring Chime Pro might help! Feel free to also check out the POE capable devices at Ring.com. :slight_smile:

So strange, I can get 350mb download speed on my phone by holding in front of my doorbell, but the Ring doorbell finds this zone a weak signal area. :thinking:

Maybe I can solve this issue by giving Ring more of my money by upgrading my doorbell to a pro doorbell or by purchasing a Wi-Fi extender!

Victim blaming much?! Please allow me to clarify, the only Wi-Fi device to suffer a poor Wi-Fi signal in this zone is absolutely and exclusively the Ring doorbell!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.