Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
F
Poor wifi connection of Ring doorbell 3
battery-video-doorbell
It's a battery-powered ring doorbell 3. The previous ring doorbell pro was broken. I bought ring doorbell 3 because it is cheaper than doorbell pro. I installed the new doorbell 3 in the same place as the old doorbell pro. The wifi network is the same. However, doorbell 3 only works well in a very short time after every reboot. Then it never works as expected. I cannot connect to it from the app of my phone. The motion alert does not work. It complains about the poor wifi connection. But I tested the network speed using my phone closed to doorbell. The upload speed is more than 5mbps. However, the doorbell still complains about the poor wifi connection. I think doorbell 3 uses a poor wifi chipset based on its bad performance compared to doorbell pro. The doorbell pro worked very well before broken...

17-01-2021 03:54:54

Responses (1)

T
Hi @ForrestRun. What is the RSSI of your Doorbell 3? This can be found in the Ring app under the Device Health tile. Ideally, an RSSI of -40 or better would provide a steady connection. This Community post [here](https://community.ring.com/t/how-it-works-your-ring-device-rssi-good-vs-poor/229) has some great information about RSSI and how it relates to your doorbells performance. You can also try to reboot your internet router to see if that improves performance. I hope this helps!

20-01-2021 10:06:18

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User