Poor wifi connection of Ring doorbell 3

It’s a battery-powered ring doorbell 3. The previous ring doorbell pro was broken. I bought ring doorbell 3 because it is cheaper than doorbell pro. I installed the new doorbell 3 in the same place as the old doorbell pro. The wifi network is the same. However, doorbell 3 only works well in a very short time after every reboot. Then it never works as expected. I cannot connect to it from the app of my phone. The motion alert does not work. It complains about the poor wifi connection. But I tested the network speed using my phone closed to doorbell. The upload speed is more than 5mbps. However, the doorbell still complains about the poor wifi connection. I think doorbell 3 uses a poor wifi chipset based on its bad performance compared to doorbell pro. The doorbell pro worked very well before broken…

Hi @ForrestRun. What is the RSSI of your Doorbell 3? This can be found in the Ring app under the Device Health tile. Ideally, an RSSI of -40 or better would provide a steady connection. This Community post here has some great information about RSSI and how it relates to your doorbells performance. You can also try to reboot your internet router to see if that improves performance. I hope this helps!