Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
I
Poor range of motion sensor on Stick Up Cam Solar (3rd Gen)
motion-detector
troubleshooting

Why is the range of the motion sensor on my Stick Up Cam Solar (3rd Gen) so poor? I am a loyal customer of Ring products and have been for over 8 years now, so I know all the settings very well. When I had the first generation of Stick Up Cam, the range of it was much larger. As of today, I have 3 Stick Up Cam Solar (3rd Gen), and on all of them I experience the same problem. So, I have to get quite close before the motion sensor detects it and alerts. Is there anything I or you can do to improve the range, or is it like that I have to start looking for other types of cameras?

02-02-2024 09:34:35

Responses (1)

T

Hi @Imic. Can you share some information on how your Stick-Up Cam is mounted? How high is it mounted, and what is the angle at which it’s mounted? If you share a screenshot, if will provide us context on the situation and allow us to offer better troubleshooting information.

05-02-2024 03:40:16

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User