Poor Night Vision Stick up Cam

I have just bought a stick up cam battery . The daytime view is fine but at night time the footage is very poor and would never identify an offender even quite close to the camera the image is blurred,.
I have checked the WiFi signal on the ring app next to the camera and download speed is 70 mbps up load is 18 mbps. I bought the camera mainly for night use as this is when most crime is committed, at the moment it’s pretty much useless and I will be returning it if the image can’t be improved

this still from the footage is me almost stood still but still poor , thanks hope someone can help

Hi @Sapper1592. If you’re noticing that your Ring’s view is blurry at all, there are a few things you can check. First, wipe off the lens of the Camera to ensure there is no dirt or debris that could be clouding its view. You’ll also want to check the RSSI in the Device Health screen as a high RSSI can cause video and audio concerns. Additionally, you can find more troubleshooting steps about poor video quality in our Help Center Article here. I hope these suggestions are helpful! :slight_smile:

I need help and can’t find out how to post, so I’ll try replying to this post: Just bought 2 battery stick up cams. One in front and one on garage. The garage view at night is almost black…you can barely see anything unless I put a light on. The front gives me perfect night vision with no light.
Before placing the camera on garage I had it on the front and got perfect night views. It was only when I moved it to garage that I get very poor view. Any help?

Hi @user71931. Can you share a screenshot of how this looks? In your Device Settings, you can choose if your device is facing a window. If you select this, your IR lights will not activate and you’ll be unable to effectively use your night vision.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.