Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
Plug-In Adapter not working and/or recognised
plug-in-adapter
troubleshooting
I have a Ring Video doorbell 2nd Generation and have plugged in the Plug-In adapter however the power source on the app is showing ‘battery’ and the battery is running down. Could the Plug-In adapter be faulty? Should the power source be showing ‘Plug-Inadapter’ on the app? I

01-10-2023 07:51:21

Responses (2)

T
Hi @user60612. What is the battery percentage? The doorbell may not accept the trickle charge until the battery has fallen below 90%. You can also reset the device and choose the correct power option. You can do this by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, then releasing it. Once that is done, you can reconnect it to WiFi. This should prompt an update, and the power status will also update. Let me know if this helps.

03-10-2023 03:03:59

R

What happens if that doesn’t work and the plug in adapter is the issue? I tested my adapter and there is no power going to it and it’s 5 months old. What can I do??

12-01-2024 07:10:54

J

Hi @RNRPN01. If your Plug-In Adapter is no longer working, reach out to our support team for further assistance. Give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here.

15-01-2024 06:03:11

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User