Please help! Ring Pro set up Hell!

Hi, I would be exceptionally grateful if someone could offer me some advice. Some days ago I attempted to set up my ring pro. However, as my home internet connection had not been set up at this point I was unable to complete the process. The light circled around the button in set up mode for several days.

Today my internet went live. My ring however will not connect to any network. It will not go into set up mode with the spinning light as it did before. I have tried to reset the device and my modem. I have turned my power off and on again at the mains. I have gone into my phone settings and forgotten network connections and reset up. The support service could not help me on the telephone.

Could the period of sustained set up on this devices be the root cause of the problem and does anyone have any ideas?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thank you

Hi @RingoStar20. I would try completely disconnecting the Ring Pro from its mounting location and press the doorbell button a few times. This will cause the Ring Pro internal capacitor to drain. Leave it unmounted for about 15 minutes and then reconnect it. You should then start to see a blue circling light that will progress over time. Once the light has progressed to the point of completing the circle, press and hold the Setup Button for 20 seconds. This procedure is a hard reset for your Ring Pro. This should cause the Ring Pro to enter Setup Mode.

If this doesn’t work, there may be some additional requirements such as transformer voltage and chime kit compatibly that our support team may need to look at. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.