Please add a zone type that always generates an alarm without delay.

I noticed that a zone without delay will be delayed when a delayed zone has been open first. This zone is ussualy called “interior follower zone”. In my case i just want that a zone without delay always generates an alarm upon triggering without any delay. Are there plans for adding this zonetype?

Hi @mafo! I just want to go over a few things with you on the operation of the Ring Alarm, just so we’re on the same page. The Ring Alarm Contact Sensors and Motion Detectors have two “placement” options. The “placement” of the sensor will dictate how it reacts when the Ring Alarm is in Home or Away mode.

For Contact Sensors, we have “Main Door” or “Secondary Door” for placement options. Main Door will start an entry delay if the sensor is tripped and you are in Home or Away mode. Secondary Door will make the siren go off immediately, with no delay. Same goes for the Motion Detector. There is a “Entryway” and “Room” placement option which will cause a delay or siren sound, respectively.

If you open a Main Door and trigger your Entry Delay, but then open a Secondary Door during the entry delay time, the Ring Alarm will automatically sound the siren. You can find more information about Arming and Disarming here. Let me know if this helps!

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.

The sensor is programmed as a room. But still won’t go in alarm during entry time if a entry door has been opened first.

I’ve been trying to get a fix from Dutch ring support since September 16th. I’ve even shared video’s in which they can see that it works how I say it’s working.

I haven’t had any reply other then the person helping had been out of the office for a few days. But now 3 days later still no update from the ring support.

Hi @mafo. Thank you for checking on that for me. When you are in the delay timer, are you in Home mode or Away mode? By default, Motion Detectors are only active during Away mode and will not cause the siren to sound if in Home mode. You can check this by selecting-

Menu > Devices > Alarm Base Station > Motion Detector > Mode Settings.

The System is in away mode when it happens.

Hi @mafo, happy to step in for Tom here. You may want to check and make sure that the Motion Detector in question is listed as a monitored Sensor under the Away mode. To check this, open the Ring App > Main Menu > Settings > Modes > Away > Sensors. If this particular Sensor is monitored in the Away mode and it is still not triggering the Alarm when motion is detected, it would be best for you to reach back out to our support team for further assistance. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi Caitlyn thanks for your response.
The sensor is in the away modus.
I’m already in contact with Dutch support. I’ve been waiting now for 2 weeks for a follow up to my video’s that shows how the sensor is responding.
Since then only an apology when I asked for a status update.