Pink Video on RIng Outdoor Flood Camera

This started sometime ago and I know I should have brought this up sooner. My outdoor flood cam still works, but there is a pink hue in the video now. I’ve tried power cycling, soft resets, hard (factory) resets, nothing seems to work. Is this a physical problem with the camera? What am I to do? I have had this camera since October 2017 and otherwise love it.

Hi @teacup! Have you reached out to our support team? It looks like you’ve covered all the right steps here. A reset should have helped with this. As this looks to be persisting, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I have the Same Pink HUE on 1 of my 3 Floodlight cams, I have tried all troubleshooting steps. This has been an issue actually for months however due to Medical needs I’ve not had time to address this issue.
I emailed Ring many times but no replies??? Will ring ship out a replacement & cover the cost or setup the replacement by a contractor? These expensive cameras shouldn’t have these defects & the install cost can be as much as the unit price. I’ve attached a picture also.

Anyone know why RING no longer uses email in the year 2020? This is backwards especially during a pandemic

I need this camera working as good as all others, hope Ring can help without requiring Tons time wasted further on the phone, unless Ring is also going to compensate my time which I doubt. Thank you for help community

Hi @EcoDieselDave. Since this is a neighbor-to-neighbor forum and not a direct line to support, it would be best if you followed up with our support team directly for further assistance with this matter. As a response to COVID-19, our email support is currently unavailable. You are still able to give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to look at this more closely for you and ensure that this matter is taken care of. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Ring support is terrible - if this keeps happening over and over again, its a problem with the device. Support is run by a bunch of amateurs who’ve signed up/volunteering to help customers. I’ve called in about this problem few times, and I’ve done all the suggestions - power cycle, reset, tapping the camera, everything all but ripping it out and re-installing. Today after a rainfall, the camera finally shows true colors instead of pink - so try “washing” the camera. @Ring - fix the camera, this is a software issue and not a hardware issue. Software is thinking its low light and turning on some sort of night vision even during the brightest daylight. Nest doesn’t have this problem. Just search Ring Floodlight Pink and you’ll see plenty of forums discussing this issue. Hope spraying some water, wiping helps to resolve the issue.

So during a pandemic when people are not working in offices & call centers they turned off the best Support Service a company can have via email? I’ve called the # hold times are too long. An email they could reply at their earliest convenience Not while I wait on a line for someone who can’t likely help them have to transfer me around , This is very disappointing as expensive products should come with top notch service & warranty especially on defective products