Physical Microphone Location - Ring Doorbell 2020

Hello Community!

I recently installed my Ring Doorbell 2nd Gen, 2020 release. I’ve been having some issues with hearing someone when they ring the doorbell. They can hear me loud & clear on the doorbell itself. Yes, I have the volume fully up on various iPhones, and Echo Show 8 devices when they ring the doorbell. I have also re-installed the app, and ensured there is nothing connected to the devices via bluetooth. And, I have also tested this using my phone LTE Data as opposed to the internal WiFi, and I get the same result. Addtionally, I’ve tested the WiFi signal using the Device Health ‘Test Your WiFi’ tool in the RIng App, and my WiFi signal at the doorbell is 14Mbps UP and 12 Mbps DOWN - therefore quite a good signal :slight_smile:

My questions are:

1. Is there a way of turning up the microphone internally on the Ring Doorbell itself?

2. Where is the physical location of the microphone on the Ring Door Doorbell 2nd Gen, 2020 release? When I research online, I can see that the 1st gen manual show the mic in front, however the 2nd gen manual does not show a diagram indicating the placement of the microphone.

Hi @Laphroaig. The microphone on the Ring Video Doorbell 2nd Generation is not adjustable. It’s located just underneath the camera lens. Sometimes audio issues can be corrected by adjusting your router . If this problem persists, I would reach out to our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :smiley: