Physical Button to trigger Floodlight Shortcut

Hello! I have the Floodlight Cam and I am aware that we need to use the app to turn the light on and off from outside of the motion zone. My problem is that my wife and kids aren’t comfortable with this, and I don’t blame them when they are spooked and want lights NOW.

Now that there are ‘Shortcuts’ in the Ring app to toggle lights, is there some sort of physical device compatible with Ring that can trigger the Lights Shortcut? Essentially a physical IFTTT. We also have Alexa devices, so if there’s a device that would need the additional step of an Alexa Routine then that’s okay, too.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Karp. There is no physical button that will turn the Floodlight lights on, however, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile: