Phone notifications when door sensors remain open?

Is there a way to generate notifications when a door sensor:

• Remains open > X minutes

• Is still open at a set time (e.g. 9pm).

• Is still open when I drive away.

In particular I have a detached and attached garage door that I’ve left open previously and would love to have an active notification system to remind me. And we have indoor cats so I’d use the same for all the other external house doors since they should never be left open more than briefly.

9 Likes

Good question @AdrianGarside! At this time, this is not a feature in the Ring app, however, our neighbors will often share their solutions around the Community, so I would not be surprised if there is a way to do this through another method!

Currently, your Sensors can alert when they are opened and when they are closed, as well as the emergency flag sent to the Base Station if your Alarm is armed and the sensor is tripped. The open and closed alerts can also play an audible alert tone from the Base Station and Keypad. Your Ring app device page will also, of course, display a current status of a sensor. As far as a scheduled routine for check in, or open/ closed reminder, this would make for an excellent feature request in our Feature Request board! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just switched to this from another service and already missing the service

1. No emails when doors are opened, only push notification
  2. No notification when the door is left open, no reminder

Much improvement needed

Hi @Cyberbug. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

Do you have an Amazon Alexa or Echo? I’m wondering if you couldn’t accomplish this using an Alexa routine?