Phone does not ring when doorbell is pressed.

Hi, I have samsung S8+ and ring doorbell 2. When the doorbell is pressed my phone vibrates but does not “ring”. My wife has a Samsung A5 and her phone vibrates and rings.

I have been searching for an answer to this problem to no avail.

Is there some setting on the ring app on my phone (S8+) that is set incorrect that I cannot find or as I have read somewhere that the S8+ is not totally comparable with the ring doorbell.

Hey @kronkie. Could you try removing the Ring app from your phone, rebooting your phone and then reinstalling the Ring app? Once reinstalled, go into the app, sign in and refresh your notification preferences by allowing the notifications to come through. In addition, if you go into the Main Menu > Devices > Device Settings > Alert Settings > App Alert Tones and verify you have the tone set up there. After this, ding your Doorbell after closing the application and let me know if you hear it ring! :slight_smile:

I had the same issue with my Samsung phone, the phone vibrated but did not ring. You can select a ring tone for each Ring device. If you go into the app settings for device notifications and select a ring tone you should hear the ring tone selected as a sample played by the phone. If you don’t hear a sample ring tone on selection one reason may be that your phone’s notification volume is turned to mute. Go to your phone’s setting and turn up.the volume for notifications. When you then return to the app and select a ring tone you should hear a sample sound. If you do then at least you have eliminated the notification volume as the issue

Hi, I have the opposite problem and I think it’s the Ring app. The sound on my phone, Galaxy S10, revertes to vibrate when my phone rings. I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I have done everything, including a Factory reset recommended by Samsung, and it didn’t fix it. I don’t want to delete the Ring app as it’s why I had the Ring doorbell installed, so I could see what’s going on. Any thoughts?