Ring App

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring app features, settings, and more.
Y
User Solution
Phone constantly restarting when app is installed
app-settings
troubleshooting

I purchased a new Samsung A54 and downloaded the ring app which I received as a gift for Christmas. After a few days my phone started restarting at random intervals. I returned the phone and purchased the same make and model and installed the app again. The phone began with the same fault, restarting constantly (up to 12 times a day). I put the phone into safe mode and the phone became stable again which suggests that the issue is a third party app. After going back into standard mode, I started to delete apps to see if this solved the issue. The phone continued to restart itself again until I deleted the Ring app. After a few days of it being stable, I re-installed the Ring app and the issues began to occur.

Has anyone had similar issues? I can see people have commented on other threads about restarting issues when they have shared footage but not just by having it running in the background.

19-01-2024 10:09:24

Responses (18)

T
User Solution

Hi Neighbors. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are currently investigating this issue and appreciate your feedback. We’d like to follow up with you on an individual basis so we can deep dive into this concern. Please send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter @Ring. Feel free to link this thread in your message to direct it to the appropriate team. For the time being, I’ll be marking this post as a Solution. This does not mean this concern is resolved, it’s just to let others know that we are working on this. Thank you for your patience.

05-06-2024 04:07:06

T

Hi @Yoake. I have not heard of this happening before. I would urge you to reach out to our social media team to handle this concern and look into this issue. Please send us a private message on Facebook @Ring or give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

23-01-2024 06:28:40

B

Hi

I’ve got the same iasue, my partners phones started restarting. We did a factory reset on the phone and was all ok. The. Ahe downloaded ring app and it started resetting again.

She has now upgraded her phone as we thought it was an issue with the phone.

Ive recently dont the ring app update on 22nd May and my phone is now doing the same.

Only when i go onto my cameras to view past recordings it resets.

If i use my phone withought going onto thw app its fine.

As soon as i go on thw ring app, resets after 10 seconds.

Ive looked and ring has tons of permissions so think theres a bug in the recent update.

02-06-2024 01:56:10

T

Hi @BROWNY. Can you give us some more information about this? What type of phone is this and what OS is it running? What version of the Ring app is installed? Is there a VPN active? This information will give us a base to start diagnosing this information.

04-06-2024 02:58:33

B

BROWNY

1h

Hi

So its happening on 4 phones. We upgraded our phones thinking it was an issue with our phones. So upgraded to S24.

Galaxy S22 version 14
Galaxy S22 version 14
Galaxy S24 version 14
Galaxy S24 version 14

Ring app 3.73.0

No VPN on any phone.

All phones work perfectly using different apps, I.E Facebook, youtube, playing online games. But as soon as we try and do anything on the ring app they crash.

So weve been trying different things, weve removed ring app from one of the S22 and one of the S24 there fine not crashing at all.

The others with Ring app still crashing, they only crash when trying to view live feed or past videos.

My S24 crashed when going on the app at work miles away from home. So this rules out wifi.

Ive had a wifi drop out test open and running whilst using the S22 on the ring app to see if it drops out when the phone crashes. The phone crashed with no drop out in wifi again ruling out any wifi issues.

Is there a new version for the ring app, and how do i update the cameras.

Thanks

04-06-2024 06:23:58

U

Same issue here. Accessing video (live or stored event) via the app restarts the phone.

Samsung A54

Android 14

Ring 3.73.0

Worked fine until the recent Ring software update in late May.

Same issue whether on Wifi or cell network.

The only thing that helps is clearing the cache (or reinstalling the app), then it works for about a dozen or so camera views before the phone restarts again.

Based on timing of the initial occurrence, I believe this to be associated with the upgrade to 3.73.0

04-06-2024 07:13:06

P

Mine just recently started doing the same thing. I went in and deleted the app cache and it fixed it for about a day then started doing it again. Sounds like Ring owes a lot of people a credit on their ring app subscription!!!

06-06-2024 12:08:10

U

I have been using the Ring app on my Samsung S22 Ultra since the phone was new and never had any issues. Recently when i use the app, either looking at live view or previous captures (by scrolling or in the calendar), the app crashes my phone and forces a reboot. This happens every time its used, it will work for a few minutes then crashes.

I have tried uninstall/re-install, clearing cache & storage but nothing fixes it.

Ring app is v3.XXXX which should be the latest as its been downloaded & reinstalled
Android is v14
Thanks for helping

03-06-2024 07:25:41

U

Exact same problem since about a week or 2. The Ring app crashes the phone consistently whenever I navigate live view or previous captures. It has been working great for the last couple of years on this phone.
Galaxy A54 5G
Android v14
Security Patch level: May 1, 2024

03-06-2024 10:30:10

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User