Phantom Rings

I have a wired Ring. I’ve owned it for a little over a year. It has been great, but suddenly it has started to ring (mostly in the middle of the night - every single night) with no body at the door. The button is not stuck. I’ve reset the device (by pushing the orange button), but it’s still doing the same thing. It seems others have had this problem, but I haven’t seen anyone say they resolved the problem. I need a good night’s sleep. If I can’t get this figured out, I will have to look for a different product with a different company. Please help!

1 Like

Hi there, @Drbkastner! Is the Video Doorbell itself emitting the sound of ringing, or is it your internal chime kit sounding?

I just want to say that I am also experiencing this issue that appears to be on the rise recently within the community group. This started about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I even replaced the diode, cleaned the terminals and the issue still persists. This is the first time experiencing this issue since I installed this back in 2019. Please help.

I have exactly the same problem, same details, mine is wired to the chime inside and has worked perfectly for a year, now the past few weeks it started ringing at random times with no one at the door, ad there’s no video event, because no one was there, it’s just ringing by itself.

About once a day, once every two days, somewhere in there.

Any solutions?

1 Like

Hi there, neighbors! While a chime kit that had worked before should not randomly start ringing without being triggered, there are some wiring factors that can cause this. I recommend checking out our Hardwiring Checklist for Battery-Powered Video Doorbells to confirm variables such as chime compatibility and more.

While it should not make a difference, if you are using an Echo or Alexa enabled integration with your Ring devices, try disabling this integration as a test to see if this concern persists.

If none of the above helped to resolve this concern, getting a closer look from our support team will be the best next step. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I disabled the skill from Alexa. So will see how that goes. I don’t think it is a chime compatibility issue since it has worked flawlessly until recently.

I’ve done the orange button, replaced the diode, cleaned the terminals and now disabling Alexa.

1 Like

I’m still having the issue after performing all the things mentioned. Today, I noticed that when motion was detected by the Ring doorbell, my chime kit went off; this happened twice so far.

Based on that, I’m thinking it is a Ring doorbell hardware issue as it should not create/establish that circuit to set off the chime.

UPDATE 4/22-21
Going to buy a compatible wired door bell based on the list. If the issue persists, then I’m confident the issue is with the hardware or some firmware update.

1 Like

Yes, same problem as others above. Mine is basically new. Purchased a year and half ago, but not installed until now.

When initially installed, it rang randomly once on the first could days. Three days after installation, it stated ringing in the middle of the night. By the time I could find a screwdriver to uninstall it, is war ringing constantly without a break.

Not seeing a solution, I assume it is now worthless. Not impressed.